The social gathering place when you are looking for something to do or would like some fun company!

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheNetizen
Admin

Male
Number of posts: 163
Registration date: 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:07 am

OK, this probably won't interest many unless they live or are familiar with area's of Woonsocket but to give a little back story....this was originally a Japanese film based on the true story of a man and his dog. They started filming a US remake in my hometown of Woonsocket and I witnessed the transformation and fictitious makeover off a now defunct train station depot there into one called Bedridge Station.
You could see filming taking place on various days and get camcorder footage of the events and actors in the movie. They had an actual fake dog that was used in some scenes and the snow on the ground was nothing more than rolled out cotton sheets, etc. The round brick work in front of the station, the clock, and store fronts across the street...all props set up for the movie and an entertaining thing to see for those familiar with the regular backdrop settings.Smile

The movie's bio reads as:

This heartwarming true story is an American adaptation of a Japanese tale about a loyal dog named Hachiko. This very special friend would accompany his master to the train station every day and return each afternoon to greet him after work. Sadly his master departs one day, passes away and never returns to the station. Hachiko faithfully returns to the same spot at the station the very next day, and every day for the next nine years to wait for his beloved master. During his daily visits, Hachiko touches the lives of many who work near and commute through the town square. He teaches the local people love, compassion and above all unyielding loyalty. Today, a bronze statue of Hachiko sits in his waiting spot outside the Shibuya station in Japan as a permanent reminder of his devotion and love.

Cast:

Starring

* Richard Gere
* Joan Allen
* Sarah Roemer
* Jason Alexander
* Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
* Erick Avari
* Davenia McFadden
------------------------------------------------

Richard Gere is of course known for his many roles in film. Joan Allen is best known(to me) for her role in Pleasantville (great movie). Of course we all known Jason Alexander for his role in Seinfeld.

I believe the US release date will open on June 13th 2009.

The official trailor is here:

Female
Number of posts: 67
Registration date: 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 pm

This looks like a very sweet..kinda sad movie...even though i have only been to woonsocket twice and both times to party so I dont remember much about Woonsocket I would enjoy this movie>>> Been to Chans for The James Montegomery Band and James Woods was there...Chans rocks the shit...

teebot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheNetizen
Admin

Male
Number of posts: 163
Registration date: 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:32 pm

If you been to Chans then your drove right by the train station in the movie when you left. You would go under the train tressle and if you turned right and went up the small hill towards the traffic light...the depot would be on your right.
The movie does look like it will be good but like you said....sad as well. Gotta love the devotion of a dog.

Female
Number of posts: 67
Registration date: 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:37 pm

oh ok it was dark when i left and i was really trying to pay attention to signs for highway but i do remember tressel. i will def look for this movie!! Suspect What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wooster

Male
Number of posts: 301
Registration date: 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 pm

I remember when they were filming - but I only read about it in the papers. Glad to see a release date at last!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cilantro

Female
Number of posts: 296
Registration date: 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.   Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Looking forward to this movie (as I do most movies, except HORROR!) affraid

I remember reading about Richard Gere starting filming here and attending something at the State House. I love seeing movies filmed in and around RI!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ocean State Adventures :: -